Sep 25, 2015

Fall Pictures

Posted by with No comments
Like every parent knows with Fall comes school pictures. The high school and jr. high are always ahead of the elementary school and so I paid for pictures for Tanis and Shaylyn long before I calculated the cost of buying them for all 6 of the kids. So Tanis and Shaylyn had their pictures taken and I didn't think much of it.



Then came time for the elementary school kids and when I actually sat down to do the numbers, I was a little bit floored and said, "Wait a minute..." It occurred to me that I could take the younger 4 to a professional studio for almost $40 less and get many more poses and options than the school offers. I wish I had thought of it before I had paid for the older kids to have their pictures taken.

So I made an appointment with Camera Shy and we went from there. I scheduled the pictures for a time when Eric would be around to help me manage the kids we needed to take and I scheduled it late enough that Jace would've had time to have a nap and wake up. Both things proved to be a very good thing.

Because I was just having the younger 4 get their pictures taken, I let Shaylyn stay at a friends house. Tanis was at a friends house on the way to the studio, so he didn't really have a choice whether he was coming or not.

We got to the studio and they were waiting for us. The girl that did our pictures was awesome and quick and so super patient with the little kids. Ailey went a little crazy and started posing of her own accord (after telling us in the car she didn't want her picture taken) and the photographer was right behind her getting some awesome shots.

We had like an hour session and because I was running out of ideas, we just did some random groupings. But there were still a lot of cute ones we got because of them. And because there's so many pictures, I decided I'd put together a little vid for you all to see. I know you're excited. Keep in mind I wasn't planning on being in any pictures, nor was Eric - so we aren't really prepared, but it's real life people!


After we had the pictures taken, she told us to come back in an hour to view them. We probably should've just scheduled it for another day, but I like my pictures and get anxious to see them. Besides we had to run an errand around that area.

We headed to Petsmart to get something we needed for the dogs and then we decided we needed to feed the kids. We looked at some options, but decided Costco pizza sounded good and it would feed us all quite well.

We were slightly late getting back to the studio, but not much. I just went in to view the pics while Eric and the kids watched a movie in the car. I really wasn't in there long and she had done some good edits to the pictures. I had her print one of each kid off and then we were good to go.

We'll probably definitely go back in the future.



0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...