Feb 7, 2012

Tag, You're ...er... I'm It!

Posted by with 2 comments
It's been a few days since I've read anyone's blog. Seriously! Odd, for me I know.

Anyway, so I'm reading through one of my friends blogs and she's talking about this tag that she was tagged TWICE to do, so she did it. And we all know with tags, they just keep going.

Well I didn't think much of the tagging because this friends has thousands of friends. Okay, maybe not thousands - but people know her and she knows people! Glancing through names, in black and white there were 5 little letters.

S - H - I - L - O...

Sadly, I knew it was me because there are very few Shilo's around, and even when there are - their names are usually spelled with an H at the end.

That being said, I am actually honored that Catey tagged me. I enjoy these kind of things. Maybe she knew that. At any rate here are THE RULES....

1. Post the rules
2. Share 11 random things about myself
3. Answer the 11 questions from the post in which I was tagged
4. Create 11 new questions for my tagees to answer
5. Tag 11 people - legitly

So, you want random? Here goes:

1. I could spend a fortune in IKEA if I really had a fortune to spend. Good thing I don't.
2. I like office supplies. Don't know why - just do. Could also spend a fortune at these stores.
3. For all my love of office supplies and organizational crap - I suck at keeping things organized.
4. I'd love to have a work at home job that paid WELL!
5. I'm addicted to Sunkist - though I'd really rather start getting addicted to Vitamin Water. But did you know that for the price of 5 Vitamin Waters, I can get 12 cans of Sunkist? You do the math....Maybe I'll have to go for Diet Sunkist.
6. Thanks to a new, wonderful friend the scrapbook bug has bit me again. YAY! If we keep up our weekly gatherings PERHAPS I can get Alexander's book started...(baby steps, baby steps)
7. I AM NOT looking forward to summer. (Weather yes - things that are happening this summer, no!)
8. I wish I had been more patient with my mom when she was trying to teach me to sew. When I can sit down and do a SIMPLE project - I find it relaxing.
9. I spend entirely too much time on the computer.
10. I wish I was more outgoing.
11. This past weekend, I ventured out of my comfort zone and entered a competition for digital scrapbooking design. Don't know what I was thinking. You can check out my kit here. (It may take me a day or two to update that site...)


Now to answer Catey's questions...

1. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT:
My 1st date with Eric is probably my most embarrassing moment. And it's not so much the fact that what happened is embarrassing (it really isn't) it's just the fact that I liked Eric so much and I was so nervous (darn that self-conscious) that it was embarrassing.

So after we had gone on the date and we were sitting on my porch chatting I went to pick up my milkshake that we had just gotten and ended up spilling it all over the place...

2. BIGGEST PET PEEVE:
Oh, my. I have a few....
When I'm driving I HATE when people keep their blinkers on when they are obviously not going ANYWHERE!
Hypocrites/Liars
People that smoke with children in the car

3. ARE YOU OCD ABOUT ANYTHING? IF SO, WHAT?
This is gonna sound crazy, but I wish I was OCD about most things in life. However, the only things I'm really OCD about is that dirty dishes are placed of the right hand side of the sink and the order about which I clean the house.

4. CELEBRITY CRUSH:
Hahaha. Love this question. Right now my biggest celeb crush is Matthew Morrison.

He can sing, he can dance, he's only a year old than me. Yeah I crush big time when he sings. And even more when he sings and dances. And yes, the hubby knows about this crush. ;)


Also at this time Jake Weber who is the husband on MEDIUM. I've been watching Medium lately and this guy (in actions and attitude, not looks) reminds me sooooo much of Eric...That's pretty much the only reason. LOL!



5. WHAT WAS THE BEST VACATION YOU'VE EVER TAKEN?
This is an interesting question. I haven't been very many places in my life. Growing up the only place we went was Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. In High School I had the opportunity to go to Vegas and Disneyland for a choir competition. While dating Eric we took a trip to Colorado with his parents and then we went to Seattle the summer after graduation. After we were married we've gone to Nebraska a couple times, went to South Dakota once and took a trip to Moab.

So now that I've mentioned my travels to pick a best....

I'm gonna have to choose a few...
#1 - The trip to Seattle was when Eric proposed. We had talked the night before and Eric threw me off by saying something about not even having money for a ring. The next night we went to the Space Needle and Eric had worked it out with his brother and sister in law to propose at the top of the Space Needle. I was very surprised and so happy. We then had dinner in the restaurant.

#2 - Lava Hot Springs has always been big for me because of all the good memories I have going there as a child. It can get boring for me now, but the memories mean so much and my kids enjoy it.

#3 - Our most recent trip to Nebraska was nice because we got to spend a lot of time with Eric's grandparents. I was able to relax and unwind and get to know Eric's mom and grandmother so much better. It was a very easy going trip and one I'll remember FOREVER!

6. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
This is another question I have multiple answers for. But only 2.

I'd love to be invisible or to have telepathy. Both of which could be very harmful for my self-esteem, but it would allow me to know the truth which is really all I want!

7. BIGGEST FEAR?
To be honest my biggest fear is that I will die before my kids are grown. I'm afraid of everything that would entail.

8. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Ham fried rice! YAY!!! Sorry, Eric - it's gone now!

9. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, WHAT DO YOU DO?
Assuming that I'm not dying the next day or whatever I think I would totally scrapbook. All day, all night while listening to my favorite music!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BLOG TO READ?
I don't necessarily have a favorite. Because of my 'nosy' nature I just love personal blogs. I love to hear what people are up to and what's going on in their lives. There are some blogs I tend to read more often as they are more upbeat and humorous, but overall my favorite's are personal blogs with a side of crafty!

11. GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT LAST YEAR? BIGGEST GOAL THIS YEAR?
So last year my biggest accomplishment (up until Christmas break) was exercising every week day. I only managed to lose 5 lbs. in a 4 month period, which was really quite depressing and probably a big reason why I haven't started up again, but I set the goal and I did it.

My biggest goal this year is to keep on keeping on. I've had some setbacks, but I just need to get moving again. I feel so much better when I do. Along with that I need to eat better. Choose healthier snacks and stop the emotional eating.

I would LOVE to be a runner, but I am afraid I just don't have it in me....Maybe after I lose a bit more weight so I can look a little cuter doing it, maybe...


QUESTIONS FOR YOU LUCKY PEOPLE I TAG:

1. Where were you born? (Make it exciting)
2. Did you know what you wanted to do for the rest of your life in high school? If so, did that change?
3. When was the last time you talked to your parents? (Doesn't matter which)
4. Moment in your life when you felt like the biggest failure?
5. The saddest moment in your life?
6. What is your motto or the saying that keeps you going day to day?
7. What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
8. If you could have any job in the world (it works with your current family life - even if in reality it doesn't) what would it be?
9. What's one thing you would love to learn how to do?
10. How do you keep upbeat when the world seems to be crushing down on you?
11. Did you go to college? If so, where? If not, where would you have liked to go?

MY TAGEES:


1. Diana
2. Ashley (LOVE YOUR HUMOR - WANT TO SEE HOW YOU ANSWER THESE)
3. Brandee
4. Rheanna
5. BreeAnn
6. Marisa (I MISS HEARING FROM YOU)
7. Lindsay
8. Lynette (I NEED A DOSE OF YOUR WIT)
9. Sharla
10. Jobi
11. Kaeloni (CAUSE I KNOW YOU WANNA BE AS COOL AS YOUR BIG SIS)

For the record I wanted to tag Cindi, but Catey already did. So Cindi the pressure's on you twice as much! You're welcome!





2 comments:

  1. Super fun to learn more about you after seeing your comments on Catey's blog! Your family is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...