Jan 31, 2012

No Business Like Snow Business

Posted by with No comments
This winter has been an odd one, to say the least. We've had very few snow days and I'll be the first to tell you I was a little more than depressed that we had NO SNOW for Christmas. Now, I'm used to the fact that our area doesn't get a whole lot of snow - we're in an odd little pocket, but I can usually count on getting my winter snow quota by visiting our parents. It didn't happen.

I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I hate driving in it - scares the crap out of me, I hate being cold, and I hate how dirty it looks when it all slushy. But I love how Christmas lights look with snow surrounding them, I love how peaceful a sunny, freshly laid (unwalked in) snow looks, and I love how 'pure' it makes the world seem.

My kids have differing views. Tanis HATES the cold and doesn't really like being outside in the snow. Shaylyn LOVES the snow and will stay out in snow for hours on end. Lex is a fan of the snow and enjoys it quite a bit but doesn't last as long as Shaylyn. Nate's opinion on the subject varies from day to day. There are times he'll want to be out there in it, other days he'd much rather be inside. Ailey, well Ailey hadn't had the chance to explore the snow much in her life - until last Monday.

We had a night snow storm with snow that actually stuck. The kids kept bugging me to go outside and so I finally relented while we waited for Daddy to get home from work. I was curious to see how well Ailey would do. While she loves being outside she had never been outside in the snow. I was pleasantly surprised. She lasted almost as long as the older kids. She even lasted longer than Nate.

Guess both our girls are gonna be snow bunnies!











0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...