Jan 20, 2011

I Hate The Cake Boss

Posted by with 2 comments

We've been without tv for quite awhile now. It came about because there was a time where we needed to cut down on unneeded expenses for awhile and tv was one of those things that was an unneeded expense. We had found a way to watch most of 'our' tv shows online, so it just wasn't necessary.

It's been a good change for the most part. We haven't been concerned with missing a show, or making sure that we are home to see it. Plus, the kids have been spending less time on the tv. But that's not really where I meant to go...

Because we've been without a tv and we've been doing things online it's afforded us a whole new slew of shows to watch. The other day when I wasn't feeling that great I decided to start watching CAKE BOSS. I was curious about it from things I'd heard from a few people and okay the few commercials I saw had me intriqued.

So thus began my love of Cake Boss. He is incredibly creative and has such an amazing team. People like him INSPIRE me to be more creative in my life. We won't mention how hard it is to watch this show without wanting some sort of goody to eat afterwards or how often I actually do make something to satisfy that sweet tooth.

Now onto why I 'hate' the CAKE BOSS. I started watching it at the beginning of the month and knowing that Shaylyn's birthday is at the end of the month. In the course of watching the show I got the glorious idea to make a real 'decorative' cake for Shaylyn's birthday. I knew what she wanted to do for her birthday and I now have some great ideas.

Shaylyn thought we should just go to Carlo's Bake Shop and have them make her cake. When I told them they were in New York, she thought they should just mail it to us or something. Uh, no...first of all I'm sure his prices are crazy and second of all, I don't know that I'd want to eat a cake that was shipped from New York.

Now here's my problem - I am not experienced and have never quite done something like this, yet CAKE BOSS makes it seem so easy. I started making cupcake cakes cause they are so much easier to ice. But learning some tricks from CAKE BOSS I am ready to attempt this cake for Shaylyn.

Thus the reason I hate the CAKE BOSS! He gave me ideas and giving me ideas isn't always a good thing...

Now stay tuned for the results...in about a week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Cake Boss! I decided to play with fondant for Charlotte's bday cake last year after watching one too many episodes. It was actually really easy to work with and turned out great! Pleasant surprise. :) My only problem was convincing the kids that here in the real world we do not pronounce it "fon-don". lol
    Oh, and we did check out his prices just for fun. Yikes! Just the consult was about 10 times more than I would ever pay for a cake. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! i can't wait to see how it turns out! Mandy uses marshmallow fondant all the time, but I just can't seem to bring myself to attempt it...not that adventurous! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...