Oct 13, 2009

A Well Spent Saturday Morning

Posted by with 2 comments
Saturday morning was the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk in Salt Lake City. My mom and sisters have done this walk for the past 2 or 3 years and I was going to do it with them last year until I woke up to rain and I really didn't feel like making the drive to Salt Lake in the rain.

Well, this year I got smart. I decided to sleep at my mom's on Friday night so that I didn't have to drive anywhere. And originally I was going to be kid-free, but Eric got called out of town on Wednesday and didn't get home until Saturday afternoon.

Luckily my little bro was willing to babysit, but I felt guilty leaving all the kids with him - so my plan was to take Nathaniel and Shaylyn with me.

Come Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early around 7:45. My little sister and I were supposed to be heading out the door at 8:00 to meet up with my older sister at my Grandma's. Yeah, we didn't leave until 8:15 or so. I had to get the baby dressed and get Shaylyn ready, then just before we left Lex decided he really wanted to come and Shaylyn wanted to stay.

So after explaining to Lex that it was going to be a long walk and no one would be carrying him and making sure he really understood that - he was still anxious to go. So we took him, plus I figured he'd have fun with his "Best Cousin" Tyler.

We got to the walk just before they started and off we headed. It was a long walk (5K) and towards the end I thought I was gonna die...(Yes, this means I am really outta shape) but I made it and I felt so good that I was doing something of value on a Saturday morning, instead of sitting on my butt being lazy. It was sooo cool to see all the little kids that were walking/riding scooters or whatnot as well. It was just an awesome experience and it ended up not being that cold either. And our little guys did AWESOME! They each only asked to be carried twice, but were told no and just kept walking. Nathaniel was also in complete heaven - he loves going on walks and being outside.

I think this could very well become a tradition.

Heading Out

Just Chillin'

The Little Troopers

My Little Guys

The Group Minus My Mommy Who Took Pictures


post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you were able to go do that.. I'm glad your kids were good and loved it. A 5k is SOOO hard.. ha ha I'm REALLY outta shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cool. Plus, i think it's great that you got to do it with family-that always makes it better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...