Jan 20, 2009

It's Gone!

Posted by with 2 comments
So there was a small hiatus with me posting anything - I would love to say that it was because I was on a tropical island getaway, but alas, no. It's just that there wasn't really anything happening that I felt needed posting - until now!

Saturday afternoon, Shaylyn and I took a trip to the hair salon. The salon we go to is in West Jordan, so it is kind of a trip for us. I go to that specific salon because my cousin's wife is owner and she cuts our hair. It's nice to have a family member that I know and trust be our "stylist".

Shaylyn was long overdue for a trim, so we just had her hair trimmed up to look healthy. I can't tell you how long it had been since she had even a trim. It was just time and it looks so much better now.

(I know you can't really see the ends real well in the pic, but trust me, it looks better)

As for me, the plan was a trim to keep my hair healthy and looking it's best. However, when the time came I decided I was ready for a change and I had her actually CUT not TRIM my hair. Remember I trust this person, so I wasn't scared at all.

After all was said and done, I loved it. I still love it, but at times miss my longer hair... (Pretty sad since it's only been 3 days.) Oh well. It's been a good change and I can't believe how much less time it takes to do. That has definitely been a blessing.
And of course, I am leaving you with pics of it... Though, I am tempted not too because I am a goof.

And while we are on the topic of hair, Shaylyn and me....

Friday night (Yes, while Eric was working) I decided to once again take a stab at making some bows. When I first planned to do the bows I found some purple ribbon that I wanted to use. But since it was close to Christmas when I finally got around to doing it, I did Christmas first.

Anyway, Friday night I finally made the purple bows and loved them.... It even took less time and I read less of the instructions and followed more of an example.

Then Shaylyn decided she wanted to try her hand at making a bow... I set her free. She did a pretty dang good job (if I do say so myself) and she just eyeballed an example.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Way cute bows!
    2) I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really cut a lot off! It looks so good! And, nice job on the bows!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...