Dec 10, 2007

Wowza!

Posted by with 1 comment
Weird, I know. I haven't posted in quite a few weeks, but that's cause nothing major of note has really been happening. It's just been the same old thing for awhile.

This weekend we had a fun weekend though. Friday night Tanis had to perform with his singing group for a Ward Christmas Party. I made Eric drive as the weather on Friday was getting scary. We took Tanis to the party he needed to perform at and waited about a half hour in the foyer because we didn't want to "invade" on a Christmas Party that wasn't our ward. When we heard them announce that his group would be singing, we snuck into the back of the party to watch.


He looked like he was having lots of fun up there. He looked a little odd because he was the only boy around a ton of girls. This won't be how it will be for the real performance this Saturday, however. There is another boy in his class and Tanis told me there is a boy in the older class as well. So that is good news.


Saturday I spent the most part of the day working on scrapbook calendars for my grandparents. It is their Christmas gift. It is a major project and has kept me busy. This follows my project that I did for my family, which I won't mention as they read the blog. :)


Saturday afternoon we headed to my parents house for a yearly party thing that we do. We each draw a part of a meal and then draw groups. Each group has the job of finding that part of the meal even if it doesn't go together.


This year however, it ended up well. All the "men" in the family ended up in the same group - Main Meal. So we knew what we would be having - Little Ceasar's Pizza. So the rest of the groups arranged accordingly. The group with the Appetizer got Mozzarella Sticks, Jalapeno Poppers and Mushroom something or other that is similar. The group with salad got some pasta salad. The group I ended up in was drinks/desserts - Tanis and Lex were with me and we got four 2-liters of soda and ice-cream. We were celebrating a few birthdays as well so my mom had already made Cinnamon Rolls for the birthday people.


After dinner, some people played games, while my mom had a couple crafts planned for the kids. The first was little snowman bags that were filled with candy - the next was little penguin bell decorations - all so cute. Shaylyn did hers without any help and it turned out almost better than any of the rest of ours. Of course, I didn't take my camera to get any pictures - so I have nothing to share.


All in all it was a great weekend and we all had fun. Because I hate not having a picture posted in my blogs, I will leave you with a picture I ran across doing yet another project for my little sister. It is a picture of Eric & I at her wedding in 2006. I had never seen the picture before, so I was excited to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shiloh! What is your home address so I can send you guys a Christmas card? Thanks! BreeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...