Dec 19, 2007

Another Busy Weekend...

Posted by with 1 comment
So, last weekend started off with the kids having rehearsals on Friday. Tanis was scheduled at 4:00 and Shaylyn at 5:30. I knew we would be cutting it close with Tanis as he gets out of school at 3:30 and it takes at least 15 minutes to get where they were rehearsing. Luckily for us that day things were working in our favor and we were able to get him there on time.

I didn't really want to turn around and go home after Tanis' just to head back to the other school where the rehearsals were for Shaylyn, so I asked Eric to come get the boys while Shaylyn and I waited.

Saturday morning was the recital. Tanis had to be there at 10:00 ready to perform as he was the preshow and then Shaylyn was in the actual show. We actually made it on time! And because of that we got 3rd row seats, which was nice.

Tanis' singing group did their preshow - which was a medley of 5 or 6 sings that they had rehearsed and rehearsed. I think his favorite song was "Feliz Navidad" even though he still doesn't quite say the words right, but then again, I don't think I do either. ;)

Shaylyn was #4 in the performance. They did a shortened version of "The Nutcracker" and I was glad that Shaylyn was in a part I was familiar with. She played a Soldier in the Battle of the Mouse King and the Prince. She looked so cute with her hat and sword on. Sadly though, these were props we didn't have when I took the snapshots of the kids before the performance. Today, though I am taking them to the studio where we can get "professional pictures" done and she will be able to have the hat and sword again.
After the recital we headed home for some lunch and to check show times for "Alvin & The Chipmunks". I really enjoyed the cartoon growing up and was anxious to see the live version. The kids LOVED this movie. It turned out better than I thought it would, but I still don't think it's a blockbuster or anything.
Sunday after church we headed to Eric's parents house. His mom loves to get family pictures and pictures of the kids every Christmas season. His parents buy the kids matching outfits every year. (Okay, so the boys match and we try to find a dress for Shaylyn that is similar) Eric was thrilled, as always, to have pictures taken. I think we had a couple that turned out cute enough, though all I have at the moment is this one of the family.

Monday night found us at Temple Square with some of my family to see the lights. It was FREEZING and very crowded. But it was still nice. We hadn't been to see the lights for at least 2 years and Tanis is the only one we've ever taken and he was really little when we did. I wanted to get more pictures than I did, but Tanis & Shaylyn were with my speed walker mother most of the time, so all I really had chances to take were of Lex. The picture posted below is of Lex with my little brother. These two share a birthday and Lex just loves his uncle Logan.
Hope everyone else had a nice weekend. As for this week I have GOT to FINISH the calendars. Only 12 pages to go - 4 different layouts. It should go pretty fast. And I will post finished pages when they are all complete. I leave you now with the picture of our upside down snowman. We just love him!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so what are you layouts for your calendar pages? I have to do three for my mom's calendar, and I haven't even started! I've got to get them done by Sunday (my mom is coming for Christmas, so I don't have to send them; whew!). I need some ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...