Sep 26, 2007

More News...

Posted by with 1 comment
Now that life has settled down from the crazy week we had a couple weeks ago, I feel like I can say some more about what happened in that week.
Luckily, this is good news though and nothing as tragic as everything else that happened during that week.
Ready for the news...Drum roll please...
We are pregnant with #4. The same Wednesday of my cousin's death, was the day that the doctor confirmed the pregnancy. We even got an ultrasound done that day. It is pictured below.



I didn't think that the week we found out was the best time for us to tell anyone because of everything that had happened. But now, I feel more relaxed and at peace about everything and I can't really hide the fact for a lot longer.
We are due on about April 24, which puts me into about my 9th week right now. We are excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm scared of the transition between 3 kids to 4. And the fact that we haven't had a baby for 2 years is pretty scary as well. Overall though, we are all happy and the kids are all excited.
The doctor asked us if we were wanting a girl this time around to make the numbers even. I told him Daddy didn't want another girl, but I don't care either way. So after the ultrasound the doctor said, "It looks like a girl (pause) or a boy." This was said just to tease Eric, but I think the kids thought he was serious. Because we stopped at my parents afterwards and Shaylyn told them it was a girl.
Anyway, Tanis and Shaylyn both think this baby is a girl and Lex wants a brother, so we shall see who ends up right.
The weather has cooled off a bit, enough that for a couple days the kids needed to wear long sleeves and long pants. Eric's parents found the cutest outfit for Shaylyn one day that she hasn't been able to wear. Yesterday she was, so I had to take a picture of it. When my mother-in-law saw this outfit she immediately thought of Shaylyn. The way she put it was that it had Shaylyn written all over it. This is because Shaylyn has a tremendous love of butterflies. Anyway, here is the picture.

Hope everything is well with all of you. :D

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Shilo! That's awesome! Transition from 3 to 4 children isn't so bad. Plus, you'll have two in school, so that will really help.
    I remember you said you were exercising to be fit for the reunion this summer ... will this mess up your plans??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...