Sep 14, 2007

It Continues...

Posted by with 1 comment

This is a difficult post for me to make. But I am just hoping that writing about it will make me feel a little bit better.
As most of you in Utah may have heard or read, on Wednesday night an Eagle Mountain Man, named Greg Kehl (pictured above the Christmas of 1994), took off in his paraglider and committed suicide. The news at first got a few things wrong, but I think since then have all gotten their facts mostly correct.
I still don't know everything and I probably never will, but this man was a cousin of mine. He was a guy you wouldn't suspect of having issues and who would even think of killing himself, so it took the family by surprise. His intermediate family is really having a hard time dealing with this, as is the extended family. He leaves behind 2 teenage boys who I am sure are having a very difficult time with their father gone.
We had another cousin in this same extended family who got married yesterday. I feel so bad. There was this cloud over the whole day that our cousin had killed himself. Luckily though most of us were able to celebrate for the cousin who got married.
My poor grandma was feeling so out of sorts. She was happy for the one cousin, but was having a really hard time dealing with the other cousin. She wanted to make sure people knew that he DID NOT shoot at his wife. My mom is very sad as well. She was only 9 when Greg was born so she had lots of fun watching him grow up and raise his family. It really hurts to see your family suffer so much.
We haven't even seen the immediate family members who are dealing with this on a losing their son, brother, uncle, father and husband aspect. When we do run into them it will be very hard for all.
It's so sad to see someone give up so much hope when life comes crashing down all around them. I feel so bad for his sweet, sweet wife and young boys. I hope they will all be able to come through this as best as they can under the circumstances.
So, let me remind you of the week we have had...Monday night, my brother in law gets into a car accident - comes out pretty much okay. Tuesday, my little sister tells me she just passed my uncle on the road and guess what, my uncle was in a car accident - luckily he too seemed pretty much unscathed. Wednesday night, my cousin kills himself, although I don't find out until Thursday morning. Thursday night, we celebrate the other cousin who got married as best we can and it is a beautiful reception.
This morning, I get an email from my sister in law telling me to open it up today. I read the email to find out that my older brother was in a car accident this morning on his way to work. Some lady apparently did a u-turn on the freeway and crashed into the passenger side of his NEW car. Thankfully, my brother was unharmed and was even heading back into work when he called his wife.
I am sure the Lord is trying to teach this family something, probably about being Thankful for Life. I know it's been an eye opening week for me. And I am so very thankful to still have my family around.
Please keep Greg's little family in your prayers though as they struggle through this most difficult time.
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Shilo, you have had a very tragic week. It would absolutely devastating if you didn't have the eternal knowledge you do have, huh? I think you have a great attitude about it, all things considered ... an attitude of gratitude. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...