May 23, 2007

Opinions....

Posted by with 2 comments
So, I need opinions with something that happened yesterday.

The kids have met 2 little boys who live down the street. The oldest is about 6 (right in between Tanis and Shaylyn's age) the other is 3. They have fun playing together and their house is where Tanis went yesterday. (Refer to previous post)

After the kids played at the neighbors home for awhile they came here. They played some video games for awhile then Tanis, Lex and the 3 year old decided to play outside. Shaylyn and the 6 year old continued their video game adventures.

So, here is what I need opinions on....

The little boys mom came to the door yesterday telling me that the cops had just been to her house. Apparently the 3 year olds and Tanis destroyed a tree next door by pulling all the branches off. (Pic is below) No one is currently living at that home, so the cops told the other mother that whenever someone moves in we need to replace the tree. (Well, DUH!)



I KNOW I am to blame at least partially because I wasn't watching them as well as I should have. What I want opinions on is this...

The guy who called the cops is an older gentleman who lives 2 houses away from us. HE KNOWS who the boys belong to as he sent the cops to the right house and he has seen me with my boys. But, instead of talking to the little boys HIMSELF, or coming and getting the MOTHERS, he calls the COPS on two 3 year old boys and a 6 year old boy! Tanis was so scared that the other mother told me he actually said, "I am too young to go to jail."

I am just wondering if I am crazy for thinking this guy was NUTS for calling the cops. Personally I think it was a waste of time and energy for the cops. If we were talking about teenage boys, I could totally see that. But as it is, I so don't understand. Eric tells me I am dwelling on the wrong thing and maybe I am. But I am just so in disbelief that someone would call the cops on little kids.

I KNOW what the boys did was wrong and Tanis should know better. We talked with him and he understands what he did and why it was wrong. The 3 year olds, however, probably didn't really have any idea that what they were doing was "wrong."

Anyway, just wanted some opinions on this....

Share ANY that you have.

:D Shilo

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! the guy shouldn't have called the cops! But its too late now to worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows why he didn't talk to you guys instead of going to the police? But, I think it may be a good idea to actually go to the older gentleman and ask him to talk to you next time he sees the boys doing anything that he thinks is out of line.
    And, here's a question . . . If he has seen YOU with the boys, why did he send the police to the other mother's house?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...