May 22, 2007

And it Begins...

Posted by with No comments


The start of summer seems to actually be coming!
Tanis started playing Coach Pitch Ball a few weeks ago. His very first game got rained out, but he's had two games since then. They have practices every Monday and the coaches he has are terrific. They are really patient with him and try to teach him the correct way to bat...He still hasn't quite figured that out yet.
We go to his first practice after his rained out game and he gets his "jersey" and hat. By complete chance he got the number "12". 12 is the number Eric would always choose when he was playing ball. Talk about coincidence.
School is almost out. Tanis only has 5 1/2 days left of school. I AM SO EXCITED! Next year will be a little better as he won't have to go to school as early, thanks to Shaylyn going to Kindergarten. I am excited about this as well. I think she needs something to do during the day. She has lots of fun playing with Lex most days, but they can also have the biggest fights ever. I don't get it.
Friday we will be going to the BEES game. The first of hopefully many times this season. We enjoy watching baseball and I am thinking Lex will have a blast. He is more into ball this year than he really was last year.
I had a bad mother moment today - I went visiting teaching at 1. Tanis is out of school at 2:15 - no problem, right? It shouldn't have been. But then we got talking, next thing I know my companion's daughter is telling her it is 2:40 and she had to get home for an Activity Day.
I was like, "What time IS IT?!?!?" We hurried and said our goodbyes and came home. Tanis wasn't waiting outside, so I figured he went to 1 of 2 neighbors homes. Go to house #1 - no one answers the door. Haven't totally lost hope yet. Go to house #2 - and there he is! He is such a smart kid. He went over and said, "My mom isn't home."
I am so thankful that we have good neighbors and that he is smart enough to go somewhere where he knows people. Next time I will be checking the time for sure!
Hope all is well. Love you all!
Shilo



0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...