Aug 2, 2015

I Love To See The Temple

Posted by with No comments
Due to no issues of her own, my older sister had to wait almost 3 years to be sealed to her husband and little girl. She had let the family know in plenty of time when it was to happen and I made a mental note of it....or so I thought.

What I thought she had told us was that it would be at the end of August, so when she called me a few days prior to the start of August - I was a little surprised. Sadly, when she got a hold of me to lay out final plans and I discovered it was actually taking place on the 1st - I realized I had no time to get my recommend renewed. I would've had to actually be able to visit with the bishop and stake president on the same Sunday without much prior notice. That wasn't happening and I felt soooo bad.

It then occurred to me that she had invited all the nieces and nephews as she wanted photos of them after the ceremony. I wondered who was going to watch them all in the waiting area if we were all a part of the ceremony. I found some peace realizing that I could help out in another way. I may have missed the most spiritual part of the day, but Eric and I were able to watch all the nieces and nephews so that their parents could all partake of the spirit.

I'd love to say it was an awesome experience watching the kids, but it was just that - watching the kids. I was pleasantly surprised at how well my siblings kids behaved and my kids did okay for the most part. 

After the ceremony was over, we all went outside to wait for the family to finish up and come out for pictures. I left my camera at home so all the pictures I have came from my little sister and she captured some very precious memories.



















After we got the pictures my older sister wanted (I don't have them), we found our way to a nearby park to have a picnic of sorts. We had Little Ceasar's pizza and some salad. It was a hot day, but the kids had fun running around with cousins and being outside.

On our way home we stopped in Layton so I could get some popcorn from Popcorn Cottage. It had been years since I'd had any and because I knew it was sort of on the way home I made Eric stop. The kid that was working belonged to the lady who was my supervisor when I worked there. So we had a fun talk about how things were going.

We then made the rest of the trip home. I may or may not have gotten into the tin of popcorn we bought more than I should've. The kids and I spent the rest of the relaxing. Eric had to go to the game store and I felt bad because I knew how tired he was too.

It was still a great day spent together as a family and I always enjoy it when my kids get to spend time with their cousins.


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...