Jul 23, 2015

The Big 1-5

Posted by with No comments
Trying to keep your kids from growing is a useless feat. I really was kind of sad about Tanis' birthday this year because this birthday signified a lot of things that I didn't want to particularly think about.

Things like Tanis heading to high school, getting a learner's permit, dating, a job and just not being home as much. Things I wasn't sure I could handle as a mom.

But, the sun rose the day of July 22nd and this kid had a birthday anyway. He's usually so obedient.

At some point in the day I let him open his gifts and out of all my kids, he is the most grateful for whatever we get him. I tried to do my best and get things that he would really like, but the budget for birthdays and with him getting bigger, it doesn't always mix well.



{...Sabrina Carpenter CD...}





Shaylyn ran across a neat idea previous to Tanis' birthday and really wanted to do it for Tanis. So I took her shopping previous to Tanis' birthday so she could do it. She really kind of amazed me with her talent and her brother liked his gift as well.





We spent the night playing Tanis' new games and just enjoying each other's company. I'm still sad this boy is growing up so fast and even more sad he's taller than me now. I'm thankful for the person he is and the person he strives to be. He's a terrific helper and is always willing to lend a hand. He has a hard time being the oldest, sometimes but he's learned to take everything in stride. I pray he continues to be such a person as he grows older.

Happy Birthday, Buddy!


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...