Apr 6, 2015

3 Dozen Eggs...In Living Color

Posted by with No comments
One of the things that sticks out most in my mind from Easter growing up was dying eggs. We seemed to always use the package most people do that comes with the little stickers that never seemed to stay on.

We had some fun years where we each made a war egg and we tried to see who was the winner. I don't think the same person won ever, each year was a new winner. And my mom always made us do it outside, which as a parent - I totally get.

So dying eggs is something I've always done with my kids and ever since I discovered the cool whip way of dying eggs last year - it's what we'll continue to do. At least until I discover something better that strikes my fancy.

We took some time Saturday morning and went to work.




...Tanis BEFORE...

...Tanis AFTER...

...Shaylyn BEFORE...

Shaylyn got extra creative this year and had an idea to try something out. She wondered if she put tape over certain parts of the egg, if it would still dye it or not. We got our answer...

...Shaylyn AFTER...

...A closer look at Shaylyn's experimental eggs...

...Lex BEFORE...

...Lex AFTER...

...Nate BEFORE...

...Nate AFTER...

...Ailey BEFORE...

...Ailey AFTER...

Now, I was smart and did this activity while Jace was napping, which meant he didn't get to do any eggs (he's only 1, I can only imagine what would've happened had I let him), but I made sure I did enough for the both of us.

...Mom BEFORE...

...Mom AFTER...

Yeah we used at least 3 dozen eggs and because my brain wasn't functioning, I did a whole lot more than I should've and kinda gipped Shaylyn out of a few because she was taking her time and not rushing through things. Whoops. Thankfully she forgave me.


...Our Beautiful, Colored Eggs...


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...