Feb 1, 2014

Young Lady

Posted by with No comments
Shaylyn is officially 12 now. That makes me sad. I don't know how 12 years went so fast, but suddenly we no longer have a little girl, but a young woman.

Shaylyn's gift request this year was simple: "A rainbow loom and maybe if there's money left, another Novi Star." I happened across the Rainbow Loom when I wasn't even shopping for her birthday. Eric and I had gone to Michael's to get stuff for another craft I was working on and when I saw the Rainbow Loom and saw that it was much cheaper than I expected, I grabbed it. We also got lucky and found a Novi Star for a good price on Amazon. So even though it looks like she got spoiled, we really didn't spend any more on her than we do for anyone's birthday.


...I totally used up some more of the Christmas wrapping paper. No where on it does it say Holidays or Christmas, and Shaylyn's birthday is still in the winter - so it works...











She was so grateful for each of her gifts and made sure to thank us. We had a fairly low-key night. We had her favorite dinner of Spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner and we had brownies for a dessert. While the dessert was baking and we were watching some of our favorite shows to watch as a family, we heard a knock on the door. Eric talked to someone for a minute, then asked the kids to leave the room. A few minutes later we heard another knock and discovered this:


Now that Shaylyn is 12, she is in Young Women's. She couldn't be more thrilled. She was ready to be out of Primary. So the cute little beehive class came with one of their leaders and decorated our door for Shaylyn's birthday. She loved it and wanted to keep it on the door until the next night when she was having her party.

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...