Apr 19, 2012

Day 8: April 13 :: It's So Hard To Say Goodbye ::

Posted by with 1 comment
Actually, for probably one of the first times in my life I was ready to leave vacation and come home. It got to the point where I wondered how anyone goes on vacation for weeks on end. Guess they don't have children to deal with, eh?

I got up somewhat early and we got everyone ready. We were out by 10:00 a.m. which was an hour earlier than we even had to be out. On the way out I had Eric stop to pick up some donuts for breakfast. (I know so very healthy - but we were in the car and they were fairly easy for the kids to eat without making huge messes) The kids were thrilled and we ate 2 bags of donuts in no time.

I slept some on the way home as did a few of the kids. Then about half an hour away from home Nate pukes! He was in the very back, the hardest child to get to (Of course) and so we just waited it out till we got home.

This meant that Nate had periods of whining for the next HALF HOUR. I did my best to try to calm him down, but really there wasn't much I could do from the front seat when he was in the back.

We got home and got him out as soon as we could. I immediately got him in the bath and he settled down. I was worried he was getting sick, but he never puked again - so I think he'd just gotten himself so worked up and had too much crap. (Regretting the donuts? Uh yeah, kinda)

We got unpacked, things put away and pretty much lazed around the rest of the day. Perfect end to the vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was lots of fun. Sad we missed it. There will be many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...