Jul 5, 2009

Best Weekend EVER!!!!

Posted by with 2 comments
I have got to say, this was one of the best weekends we've ever had!!!

Eric got Friday off of work and when he asked if I had plans, I gave him a couple suggestions:

- Have lunch in the mountains somewhere
- Hike to the caves at Mt. Timpanogos

Well, after looking at the prices for the caves, we decided to just drive to the mountains and have lunch. (It ended up being a good thing we didn't decide on the caves as tickets were all sold out, anyway)

Well after having lunch soon after we got into the canyon, I decided I wasn't ready to call it a day and we decided to go on a hike.

The road to get up to the hiking trail was a dirt road and very bumpy. The kids loved that. We could have turned around there and called it a day and the kids would've been fine with that. Even Nathaniel who wasn't quite sure of all the bump, bump, bump going on - eventually was laughing and having a good time.

We finally got to the trail and started on our way. It started out fairly easy, but as we got further on it got steeper and steeper...I would love to say that we got to the lake, which would've been the destination, but we just couldn't do it.

I am so out of shape (There, I said it), and 2 of the 4 kids kept whining...Take a guess at which kids they were and you'd be wrong! Nathaniel and Shaylyn did great! Eric didn't complain (He was even carrying Nathaniel for a majority of the time) and I tried my best, but just couldn't do it.

Anyway, enough with the blabber, I will just post the pics!



Friday night we met up with some members of the ward to have a Firework party thing. Well, funny thing - almost no one brought fireworks. So, Eric donated most of ours (we were planning to use them on Saturday) , and just as we were almost done, another lady donated a pack to use. Our good friends donated one of theirs as the grand finale. Nathaniel had a blast watching the lights, he even clapped for most of them. All in all it was a good night, even if we were out a few fireworks!

Saturday afternoon we were able to spend with said good friends. The kids swam and I even got in for a bit with Nathaniel. He wasn't too crazy about the cold water and had more fun adventuring in the back yard. No one got burned, but me. Luckily it is just a bit on the shoulders and back and it isn't too ouchie!







Around 9, we headed out to the front to do fireworks and got quite the show. Not only were our friends doing their fireworks (and the few we saved), their neighbors were doing theirs as well and had quite the loot! It was awesome!

I hate weekends like this however, because when Eric has to go back to work on Monday, we miss him tons during the week.

- I apologize if this post is kind of sporatic and crazy, I'm feeling a little worn out and so thoughts may not come across the way they are in my head... ;) -

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a very fun weekend! And very cute hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go with my family on a hike and have lunch in the canyon--how fun!! How freaking cute is her hair!! LOVE IT! Dont' you just love the 4th of July?? I DO. I HATE Mondays too when Enoch has to go back to work!! UGH

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...