May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Projects

Posted by with 2 comments
So for Mother's Day I made only 2 projects. I guess I kinda jipped my Mother-In-Law and Paternal Grandma a bit by not doing anything extra special for them, but I was running on little time and knew I couldn't squeeze a lot into my week. What I did by for them though, did have thought put into it.

Anyway, for my Maternal Grandmother I made her this tile:

I LOVE, LOVE this picture of her and Tanis taken at Tanis' baptism last summer. I just had to use it. I am not sure that I like the black & white, but it worked best when typing the words onto the picture.

For my mommy I did a scrapbook page. While reading in my scrapbook magazine an idea prompt they gave was: Compare your life with that of your Mother's when she was your age. (Or something similar)

Immediately, a layout came to mind and I knew exactly what pictures to use. This kind of inspiration HARDLY EVER happens to me in regards to scrapbooking, so I knew I had to roll with it.

I love how this turned out. And the picture of my mom's kids is one that my Maternal Grandfather loved. He wanted his own copy and my mom never got around to getting him one before he died. So this picture is so very near and dear to my mom's heart.

P.S. I am the little girl on the bottom right hand side, next to the baby. :D

2 comments:

  1. YOu were such a CUTE little girl... That is such a good idea!! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the gifts. And it sounds like Milo is keeping you on your toes. I don't know how you keep up with your children, dogs, hubby, and your hobbies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...