Dec 18, 2008

Family Party

Posted by with No comments
This year, in my family, we decided that instead of drawing names we would just have a big Christmas Party.

Each "family" was supposed to come up with a game that everyone could play and we would be going to dinner.

We started out playing "Family Feud" that my parents mom planned out. We had lots of fun and it ended up that most "spouses" were on opposing teams which made it all the more fun. (Sorry the pictures are all of backsides. I was sitting behind people, but wanted the pictures anyway.)

After "Family Feud" we played our my game which was "Wheel of Fortune - Christmas Themed." I just chose totally random Christmas ideas that came to my head and went to work. We didn't even do half of all the puzzles I planned out, but it was all good.

After "Wheel of Fortune" we headed to Sizzler for dinner. It was yummy. I convinced Eric to let me get the salad/fruit bar added onto my meal of Malibu Chicken and probably went over board on that as I could only eat one piece of my chicken. Then of course we all loaded up on ice cream - hey, it was "free" with our meals...

After our yummy dinner we headed back to my parents house to finish up the rest of the games.

My older sister did a "Potato Sack" race with HUGE stockings. The team I was on lost - partly cause we had 2 kids in our group and Eric refused to participate. We all won a pair of socks at the end, however.

My brother in Wyoming came up with his own game following the rules of the White Elephant game. He had Christmas songs play that we would pass the gifts until the song ended and the end of the song we opened the gift and whoever ended up opening an actual gift was "out." He spent so much time/energy figuring out how to wrap the items and how many layers each should have. At the end of it all we all ended up with an ornament for the tree.

We then did my little sister's game. It was a survey type game to see who was the "Cheermeister" and who was the "Scrooge." My Wyoming brother ended up being the "cheermeister" (which surprised no one) and my little brother ended up being the "Scrooge" even though Eric was trying to convince everyone that HE was the "Scrooge."

After the fun night we decided we decided we should head home. It was already 11:00 and snowing like crazy. My older sister left before us and said she passed a 6 car wreck and told my parents that if they "let" us go home, we should avoid that intersection.

We did head home and as soon as we got close to our place the snow was non-existent. Sometimes I am glad we live where we do.


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...