Mar 28, 2008

MIA

Posted by with No comments
So, I don't know if anyone has noticed it, but I have been MIA for a few weeks...I so wish I could say that it was because this baby decided to come, but alas, still no baby...

Last Monday, the 17th, I started to feel sick. At first I just figured it had to do with baby - I've been a lot "sicker" with this one than any other kid, but by Tuesday morning, I knew I was sick. I wasn't sure what I had, just knew I did NOT feel good. I was so tired, cold and weak and just couldn't do anything!


Eric was such a great husband and father that he worked from home a few days and made sure the kids got to school and everything.


By Wednesday night, I decided we should go to Instacare and make sure everything was okay. I was dry coughing really bad and was having difficulties breathing, so I was a bit worried about the baby.


We get in to see the Doctor and he gives me a flu test. Yeah, I ended up with Influenza B...I am not sure what the difference is between A & B, but whatever. He gave me a prescription for some cough medicine (he couldn't really give me anything else because of the pregnancy) and told me to call my OB the next day.


Well, the next day I still don't really have a voice (yeah, the cough screwed up my vocal cords as well) and can't really talk to anyone, so Eric calls the Dr. for me. The dr. says that the flu shouldn't affect the baby and to rest.


So, that is all I did ALL week and ALL weekend. My older sister came and took the kids on Friday night and kept them until late Saturday night. What a big help that was...Even though I was sick of sleeping, that is all I could do.


Saturday morning Eric and I decided we'd better go do the Easter Bunny thing, since we didn't have anything! I could not really even walk around the store, so we did the easiest thing and bought the premade baskets...Kinda a waste of money, but I wasn't feeling well enough to think things through and decide what the kids would like and whatnot.


Sunday came and the Bishop had wanted us to come in and speak with him. I was kinda frustrated with Eric cause he knew how I was feeling, but said we would be there anyway. This meant I had to get ready somewhat even though I wasn't feeling good.


The kids looked for their baskets (Eric had to hide them this year) and were still pleased with what they got. They didn't get much candy at all, but the toys were enough to keep them happy. They didn't seem bothered by the lack of candy or anything, either.


Eric got the kids in the bath and the boys ready, while I took care of Shaylyn's hair. I tried to curl it, but she wouldn't let me, so she ended up in pigtails...Oh well.


We go to the meeting with the bishop (turns out the bishop was out of town and we actually met with the 1st counselor) and some good news for us - they releases us as Primary teachers!


Eric was going to take me back home, but I figured it was close enough to Sacrament Meeting, I might as well just try and make it through. I did well enough to get through the Sacrament before I decided I really just needed to go back home to bed.


I rested for awhile and then we headed to Eric's parents home for dinner. I finally had an appetite after not having one for a week and was excited for Turkey & Mashed Potatoes...Sadly though, my appetite wasn't as big as I had hoped for and nothing had any taste because somehow my tongue got all torn up as well during my sickness.


I feel bad that I didn't get lots of pictures from Easter and that it wasn't much fun for the kids. I had also planned to dye eggs on Saturday night with my little nephew and mom, but that was not going to happen! This Saturday though, the dying is on! I am also thankful for my Mother - in - Law for taking pics of the kids on Easter. Thanks.


I was hoping I would be done with this whole sickness by Monday, but this week I have just been so tired. It could be from the sickness or the fact that I am up almost all night coughing or maybe it's just tired from being 4 weeks away from D Day! I dunno.

I know that I am FINALLY feeling at least more normal and the sickness seems to be gone.

Wednesday we headed to the dr and found out that I am at a 2, but still pretty thick, so who knows? My kids like to come early, but just how early will this one come, I don't know. I will keep you updated though!

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...