Mar 11, 2008

Another Weekend????

Posted by with 1 comment
I am usually very excited when the weekend rolls around...No more homework or having to follow the school's schedule (at least for a few days).

Friday, I decided I better do the big cleaning of the house. It is something I usually do on Fridays, but for the past couple of weeks I have just been too worn out to do so. Anyway, I got everything all cleaned up - even before Tanis & Shaylyn got home, which is saying something.


Then we have to let the dog out...She comes back in a tracks mud all over the nicely mopped floor. Okay, so a big priority on our list is grass because believe it or not, Eric doesn't like Foxy tracking mud into the house either.


It doesn't bother me too bad, but I am still not too happy about it AND I am too worn out to remop the floor anyway, so what good is it to worry about it?


That night my little sister and hubby decide to FINALLY come visit me again. I'm sure her hubby didn't have much fun until Eric got home around 9, but me and my sis always have fun. My kids even enjoy seeing their cousin. (They've only got a total of 2 and one lives in Washington State) Tanis was so cute at one point in the night that he even sat down to read a story to Tyler.

When Eric got home we decided to play Rock Band. It was lots of fun. Although, I've gotta admit I got a little tired of singing after 2 1/2 hours. Besides that, it isn't like a lot of the songs are real easy to sing either...Oh well...It was fun and I am glad we were able to spend time together.

Saturday morning I actually HAD to wake up. The kids had a Primary Activity and the Presidency wanted the teachers to go as well. The thing started at 10. The kids had lots of fun and were very excited that they got to go. As for me, ah, whatever.


Saturday afternoon I decided I should get my Primary lesson together AND the Sharing Time. I really hate when you have to do both. It took me a good 4 hours to get everything completed and then I still had to run to the store for a few things.

I wasn't thrilled that I was going to have to take all the kids to the store with me (Eric had to work) but it was going to be okay because Eric gave me some money (and permission) to buy the newest American Idol game. :D I just had to find the stinking game.

Our first stop was at a Game Stop. That was a joke. They have games for "real gamers" not for people like me. So then we headed to WalMart where I had other items I had to buy. So I find everything I need, EXCEPT for the game. Now, I was getting frustrated - if I didn't find the game at Best Buy I would've drove 30 minutes for nothing. I could've gone to Smith's 15 minutes away for what I needed. Luckily, Best Buy had the game and it made everything okay.

After I got home from the store, I spent another half hour to 45 minutes working on something for my lesson. After that though, it was Idol time! I enjoyed playing for about an hour and then headed to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up around 8:30 and got the kids and I some breakfast. Then I headed downstairs to be with Eric for awhile. I figured around 9, I would start straightening the house and then at 10 get everyone ready for church, as usual. I ask what time it is after a few minutes and Eric tells me that it is 10! I was like there is no way, it was just barely 8:30. He then reminded me it was Daylight Savings...UGGH! So I start rushing to get everyone ready for church on time. And we do end up on time.

After church we headed to Eric's aunt & uncles to celebrate another aunt's birthday. We had a good dinner and some good treats, but Eric was playing a game with his uncle and we didn't leave until 10:30. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but the kids had school the next day and I was just wiped out from Saturday. We got home around 11 and I had to deal with a whiny 3 year old who only wanted his mom.

After I FINALLY got Lex settled in bed and actually content - I just crashed! Monday came and it was so hard to get going...I am hoping I can overcome this whole time change soon...As for now though, it is just killing me!

1 comment:

  1. The time change usually gets me every time too! Although, this time around it's getting dinner ready on time. It just doesn't seem like dinner time with the sun still up! (And, I still want to stay up even though I'm supposed to go to bed according to the clock; and sleep in even though I'm supposed to wake up!) Argh ... makes me wish we lived in AZ.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...