Nov 2, 2012

It's Witchy TIme

Posted by with 2 comments
So my plan for today was going to catch up on all of October, well that ain't gonna happen. It takes awhile to edit the photos like I like, so I'm just out of time. Hopefully before the end of November, I'll have October caught up...

Anyway on October 11, I met up with my mom and sisters at Gardner Village. It was what's become our annual trip to see the witches and buy the kids a cookie. It was a super nice day and we decided we'd go when the kids were out of school for Fall Break thinking it wouldn't be as crowded then. I guess everyone else in our districts had the same idea.

We met up at the Pony Ride/Petting Zoo. We originally weren't going to do it as it was $10 per kid to do both things, $5 per kid to do the Pony Ride. However my little sister ran across a city deal that gave both things for half off. So we paid $5 per kid to do both things. I was so glad we found that deal. We were a bit worried at first because they didn't have the carousel pony ride out front like usual. All there was was a horse taking one kid at a time around. After getting to the desk to pay, however, we learned that they had moved the carousel to the back.  So off we went into the petting zoo and pony rides.

...Ailey was chomping at the bit to get closer to the sheep...

... But then, of course, she wanted NOTHING to do with them ...




... Talk about sticking your nose in other people's business ...

... She's contemplating ways to convince her Dad to let her keep the horse ...


 ... Yup Daddy, I think your girls want a horse ...




... And I want him for my birthday!!! ...

... He's super friendly ...

... Like super, super friendly. Kaeloni's just pregnant and ornery. This horse LOVED Kaeloni and just wanted to say hi. Over and over and over again. ...


... I didn't get a picture of any of the other kids on the ponies. I had to hold onto Ailey, Tanis was behind me while I was holding onto Ailey and Nate just wouldn't go. ...

... And because they were short a horse or something, this guy thought he should serve out his prison sentence...

After the pony rides we went about our business finding the witches. The kids always have fun with this and enjoy their time. But it ended up being a really hot day and my kids hadn't had lunch, so a few of them started to get whiny and just wanted to go get their cookie.
























We decided to leave around 4:00 because we all had errands to run before my big sister's bridal shower that night at 6:30. I get to my car only to discover that I've locked the keys in the car. We only have one key. (It's a long story) Thankfully my older sister took all my kids to her house while I waited for Eric and the AAA guy to come rescue me. Then I had to rush to get dinner for my boys and head to my sister's shower. Then I get home that night and lock the key in the car again. What can I say, my brain hasn't been functioning lately.

All in all it was a good day and we didn't run into any real life witches like last year. (Although we did purposely avoid the candy store...)

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but I'll say it again that you have such good-lookin' kids! :) I love that you and your mom and sister do so many fun things together...

    We have yet to go to Gardner Village in the fall (well, we live kind of far away, so it really would be an outing!), but I really need to do it next year.

    I love the picture of your son with the llama. :) Why isn't llamas are so fun to look at??? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brother! I meant to type "Why is it..." I guess I'm tired. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...