Mar 21, 2011

This Is Why I'm Lucky...

Posted by with 2 comments


I could leave things like that, but I won't.

Last week was a difficult week for me - to say the least. I can't remember the first half of the week, but Wednesday through Friday is permanently etched in my brain.

Ailey did not feel well on Wednesday or Thursday and in fact still wasn't feel great on Friday, either. This meant that she was attached at the hip (quite literally) all day long. And when she wasn't attached at the hip she was napping. Now, if I was a smart better person I would've taken the opportunity to clean while she was sleeping, but because I was so worn out all I could do was rest as well.

Ailey being sick would be enough for me - on it's own - however, Nathaniel decided to be extra 'nice' to me these two days as well.

It wore me down quite physically and emotionally. I'd look around at this messy house and get frustrated that nothing was done, but as soon as I started anything - Ailey got upset. Then the whole cycle started over again. I was at that point where you don't know if you want to cry or scream or which one will do you the most good.

Because of all this it meant that St. Patrick's Day wasn't that exciting at our house. The kids all wore their new shirts (minus Ailey...I put hers back at the store and forgot to get a different one) and so did I - even though I didn't get ready for the day until 5:00 p.m. I had great plans to have breakfast for dinner and color it all green, but because of the day I had - I opted to get pizza instead. Real festive, right?

So why in the heck does all that make me lucky?

I am just lucky to be the mom of 5 wonderful (most of the time) kids.

I have a 10 year old that is THE biggest helper EVER! Especially when I am stressed to the max. At these moments in time he is always asking what he can do to help. LOVE THAT!!!


I have a 9 year old that is TERRIFIC with her baby brother and can get him calmed down no matter what his issue is. She is so cute with him and can always take over for a bit for me when I've had enough of his 'tude.


I have a 6 year old who knows when I need to hear sweet little things, especially words like a very sincere, "I'm sorry." Followed with the action of doing what he was supposed to do in the first place.

I have a 2 year old who makes the cutest little faces and makes me forget why I'm upset with him in the first place.


I have a sweet 10 month old baby who actually WANTS to be around me and loves me no matter what. (Even if I haven't showered all day and I've been less than pleasant).


That, my friends, is why I'm so lucky!!! And no pot of gold could EVER replace all of that!!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a rough week. It's hard when the little ones are sick but they know their mama loves them. You have such darling children. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a rough week! The times when the kids are sick are the hardest! I don't blame you for napping when she did, sometimes we have to let things go a little to make sure we are taking care of the kids and ourselves. I hope this week...what's left of it, goes much better for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...