Aug 24, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 19

Posted by with No comments
I've been avoiding this post for a week or so now. Mainly because I couldn't think of anything I wanted to share with the public that wasn't EXTREMELY personal. (There has been something that I could've shared for this, but I'm not comfortable doing so in such a public forum). My life hasn't really been all that difficult. I did pick something, it's the best I could come up with, but it's nothing profoundly shocking or anything...Read on...

DAY 19: SOMETHING THAT SHOOK YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM TO IT'S CORE (A BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT IN YOUR LIFE)

See what I mean? Nothing has really shaken my belief system to it's core. But I did decide to go with my cousin's suicide. Yes, I've mentioned him quite a bit before and it may be getting old - but it's what fits best with this topic.


So it wasn't just the fact that Greg killed himself, when he seemed so grounded. It wasn't all the media that was put into his suicide or any of that stuff - what shook my belief system is the question of 'what now'?

Being a member of the LDS faith we're taught that suicide is WRONG. Okay, so maybe wrong is a bit strong of a word - but my point is we're taught that it's not a good thing to do. Great, so we understand that - but lots of people still do it, so what then?

Are they forever 'cast out' of heaven? Yes, I know that's a bit extreme and I know it's not as cut and dry as that. It was just a real concern of mine that my cousin wouldn't be with his eternal family anymore and things along that line.

It's my opinion that God looks into situations and what drove people to kill themselves and he will judge accordingly.

But the not knowing EXACTLY what will happen/has happened is difficult for me and has shook my belief system quite a bit. So there you have it.

post signature


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...